Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Do dreams have age limits?

I have been asked soooooo many times "Aren't you a little old to do pageants?" This has become one of my biggest pet peeves!! I want to say "Aren't you a little old to still be playing with cars?" Some people just don't get it. For me it's a challenge unto myself. I want to have a healthy happy life and hopefully make someone else's valuable too. I lost 30 pounds in preparation for a pageant. I have focused (and have been convicted) on my attitude. I dove head first into listening to the path my Heavenly Father has asked me to go on. Pageants aren't just about being pretty! We have platforms and focus on very important topics. We have an obligation, as Queens, to serve!! Our King of Kings said to go out and make disciples of men, be a servant above all things. I am passionate about our teenagers and keeping them safe, from bullies and from their own demons. Teenage suicide is at an all time high and we as adults need to be aware of whats going on!! With the wonderful world of internet our children are being bullied beyond how we were as kids! Our TV shows and media put so much pressure on what perfection is, how to be accepted and what is just plain weird. That girl sitting by herself may seem weird to you but in her mind is beauty. She may hold the key to the most amazing invention our world could imagine, BUT because she is different she will kill herself because she doesn't fit in. THIS IS WHY I DO PAGEANTS!! To bring awareness that EVERY life is valuable. It may take one act of kindness to save a life. That one smile or simple word. So NO I AM NOT TO OLD TO DO PAGEANTS! I am at the age where I can make a difference and I intend on doing just that! Don't EVER put an age limit on your dream. God gave it to you so why would it not be relevant? May God bless you and DREAM BIG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment